Autumn brings about a lot of transformations. The hues of the leaves change, and so does the weather, and interestingly enough, so does your skin. This is the ideal time to gently peel away sun damage and discoloration caused by summer sun exposure and jump start the process of restoring clear, bright, healthy skin with the PERFECT end of summer skin treatment – skin peels.
Did you know that pure pumpkin enzymes produce and acid like effect on the skin to dissolve discoloration and refine rough skin texture so chemical, synthetic acids are not necessary? Pretty exciting, huh? We thought so too! Pumpkin enzymes are a very rich source of beta carotene (natural vitamin A), a very potent antioxidant aging skin as well as acne and problem skin conditions. This is a beautiful treatment both in the spa (and at home) for healthy, effective skin rejuvenation.
5 Amazing Pumpkin Enzymes Benefits for Skin
- Help repair the skin following exposure to UV rays and free radicals with antioxidant carotenoids. These compounds can also protect your skin cells against oxidative damage and free radical damage. Oxidative stress is a significant cause of aging, so protecting your skin from it is essential.
- High in Vitamin C, pumpkin enzymes help firm the skin and promote collagen and elastin production, leading to improved skin firmness.
- Pumpkin enzymes have a high vitamin C and B content, which protects the skin from damage, such as wrinkles and fine lines. Eating foods rich in these vitamins can help promote collagen production, leading to improved circulation. Additionally, the folate found in pumpkins supports red blood cell development, providing the body with the necessary nutrients.
- A rich source of alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) encourages gentle exfoliation and skin brightening – thus restoring a healthy glow to the skin.
- Pumpkin also contains zinc. In case you do not know, zinc is the key ingredient in the most reliable anti-acne formulations. The zinc in the enzyme will control sebum production and also aid in balancing your hormone levels. This, in turn, reduces acne and facilitates healing of the skin.
How Does a Pumpkin Enzyme Peel Work?
Skin peels can be a very effective way to refine skin texture, minimize discoloration and lighten sun damage. They can also produce a gentle, controlled shedding of dead surface layers of skin, which allows healthy, smoother new layers of skin, restoring a natural glow to the skin. These enzymes contain alpha-hydroxy acids, which help to loosen the bonds that hold dead skin cells together, making removing dead, dry skin easier. Removing the old debris allows the pumpkin’s nutrients to penetrate deeper into the skin. The best part about using an all-natural peel for your skin is knowing you’re not harming your skin with harsh chemicals in the process of resurfacing your skin.
Ingredients are the key – great ingredients such as beta-carotene (natural vitamin A) also help suppress melanin and lighten the pigment. Our Pumpkin Power Peel also contains d-beta fructan, an ingredient similar to the polysaccharides found in aloe vera. This compound guides glucosamine into the cellular membranes, boosting the skin’s ability to retain moisture. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory ingredient and is a building block of collagen and elastin. So – as you can see, carefully compounded skin peels can reduce the signs of aging and restore a youthful, healthy glow to the skin.
Did you know?
Some chemicals used during a chemical peel can be absorbed into the bloodstream and are highly toxic to the liver, such as resorcinol, an ingredient in many deeper peel solutions. Be sure that if you do a chemical peel, ask your aesthetician or treatment provider for a list of ingredients so you know what you’re putting on your skin and any potential toxicity risk.
As an Aesthetician, I use peels in my practice to help my client’s skin all the time, but the peels I use are plant based, not toxic and condition specific. I wanted to offer a product that my clients could use at home when they could not get to my clinic that would be safe for consumers to use, and knew right away that a pumpkin enzyme peel would be perfect for this!
This pumpkin enzyme-rich peel is perfect for aging and problem skins, and using this peel once or twice a week (consistently) will power up your daily skin care routine for optimal, impressive results. That said, do not underestimate the power of this healthy, natural product – it is strong and very effective, and you need to follow the directions exactly. It is great alternative to many more aggressive professional treatments, and is important to understand the results are cumulative with continued use.
What’s nice about this pumpkin peel facial is – it’s easy to use! Take a look at what our friend Sophie Uliano had to say about this fantastic product:
Try our Pumpkin Power Peel &
get healthy glowing skin today!