How LED Light Therapy can Transform Aging and Problem Skin
It seems as if every day new, exciting technologies are created to help slow down the aging process. Traditionally, medical anti-aging, and wrinkle treatments have been fairly aggressive, and Botox and all sorts of injections and laser treatments come to mind. Over the past few years, awareness of the safety of ingredients used in these procedures as well as in cosmetics have come to the forefront and a surge in demand for more natural and holistic approaches to treat different skin types and conditions have appeared. What does LED light therapy do for the skin?
One of the most exciting fields today is light therapy. To be a little more precise, light-emitting diodes (LED). I have used this powerful modality in my private practice for a few years now, and the results my clients have seen has been very exciting. I have always believed that Photomodulation (LED light therapy) is the most powerful and least understood modality in all of the aesthetics – and its potential to treat aging and problem skin conditions is impressive to say the very least.
Light Emitting Diodes (LED’s) in the Red spectrum penetrate into the skin to help increase collagen production. Research shows that red light therapy helps encourage the production of collagen and elastin (the skin’s building blocks) within the skin’s supportive structure. This is beneficial for the skin’s appearance because the dermis (skin’s middle layer), has an elastic quality due to the presence of elastin fibers, and increasing collagen and elastin production, helps improves the skin’s appearance. Red Light Therapy can help your skin look younger and healthier. The skin appears smoother, tighter, and fresher and fine lines/wrinkles are reduced.
For decades it has been noted that acne improves with exposure to UV light. Blue LED light is closely related to UV light, therefore retaining many of its same anti-bacterial and germicidal properties – without the UV damage caused by UV. This light source has a wavelength that penetrates deep into the pore where the P. acnes bacteria live. This light is even capable of reaching painful, cystic acne. Red LED referred to as “the healing light”, reduces inflammation.
The P. Acnes bacteria excrete a waste product. When the blue LED light is introduced into the pore, it activates this waste product to release free radicals, which turn and kill the bacteria. Red light has a therapeutic effect on acne, and the speed at which the skin heals is greatly increased when it is exposed to visible red light. Red LED light uses non-thermal, low-energy light to increase blood and oxygen flow, which stimulates the skin’s natural healing process, and reduces the pain associated with acne.
The calming and brightening setting is wonderful for individuals who suffer from hyperpigmentation and redness. Green LED light therapy has been shown to help fade dark spots, brighten skin, and reduce redness. Take advantage of the added ions and ultrasonic vibrations in this mode as well, and use Brightening Moisture Fluid and speed up the results.
I have used LED light therapy in my clinic for years and is the one tool I would never be without. I have successfully treated so many conditions with my light therapy devices along with my botanical skincare products and always wished my clients could use LED much more often because I know what it can do. Well, I got my wish when I was introduced to My Skin Buddy in October! Having been in this business for as long as I have, I have literally seen it all and had more products and devices pitched to me than I can possibly count. Some had benefits and others were nothing to write home about, and some were a down-right rip off designed to make millions selling nothing but “hope” that typically ends up in the bathroom drawer after a couple of weeks when disappointment sets in.. … that being said, I have never been a “gadget” crazy esthetician (or consumer), but when “My Skin Buddy” was put into my hands (and I gave it a try) – I was genuinely impressed! Finally! A home skincare device that really works that I can recommend to my clients and never have to apologize for! Now I say, “ditch your skin brush and get a Skin Buddy”! This little skin device has truly amazed me…
For this reason, I want to share it with you and give you some info on how to evaluate skincare devices before you decide to purchase one for yourself.
My Skin Buddy 6x is an all-in-one skincare device that uses LED light, ultrasonic vibrations, heat therapy, and ion therapy to help cleanse the skin and boost serum efficiency.
Why I Love It
- Deeply cleanses and gently exfoliates the skin
- Enhances product penetration
- Reduces redness and inflammation (red LED)
- Stimulates collagen, lifts and tightens skin (red LED)
- Kills bacteria that lead to acne (blue LED)
- Helps lighten hyperpigmentation (green LED)
- Balances oily skin (blue LED)
My Favorite at Home Skin Care Device – ‘My Skin Buddy”
How It Works: Enjoy six convenient, ready-to-go settings. No adjustments needed. Just press and go
- Deep Cleanse and Exfoliation Mode. This setting lets you experience a gentle yet deep and squeaky clean through ion care while thermal heat therapy, ultrasonic vibrations, and red LED light therapy help break up dead skin cells and promote more oxygen in your skin for an immediately brighter, smoother, and tighter complexion.
- Acne Care. Whether you have cystic, mild, or hormonal acne issues, this setting should be in your routine. Blue LED light therapy has been clinically proven to kill P. acnes bacteria that lead to acne formation. This mode also uses ultrasonic vibration and ions to help push your acne products deeper into the skin and break up dead skin cells that may be trapping oils.
- Calming and Brightening. This setting is wonderful for individuals who suffer from hyperpigmentation and redness. Green LED light therapy has been shown to help fade dark spots, brighten skin, and reduce redness. Take advantage of the added ions and ultrasonic vibrations in this mode as well, and use a lightening product suggested for your skin type and speed up the results.
- Skin Rejuvenation and Anti-aging. Take your serum and moisturizer to the next level with this setting. The combination of a red LED light therapy, ultrasonic vibrations, and ions will deeply infuse your skincare into the dermal layers for optimal nourishment. Pay attention to how plump and radiant your skin will feel and look after the first treatment and see long-lasting results with continued use.
- Multi-symptom Therapy. Most people have more than one skin issue. Do you have wrinkles, dark spots, and acne? No worries, we’ve got you! Use this setting that offers all three lights plus product infusion via ultrasonic vibration and ions.
- Light-free and Ingredient Infusion. Not in the mood for a disco of lights tonight? Try this setting that offers a light-free option with ultrasonic vibration and ions to help you infuse your serum and moisturizers.
- Broken skin
- Extreme sunburn
- Pregnant or nursing
- Metal pins and plates
- For external use only
- Pathological skin conditions
- Weak psycho-physical condition
- Not for use on or by children under 12 years old.
- Heartbeat regulating medication/heart complaints
- Pacemakers or other battery-operated and electrical implant
- Neurological disorders including epilepsy or multiple sclerosis
- Not for use on or by children between 12 and 17 years old without parental supervision
- Skin conditions in an active state accompanied by inflammation, weeping, or soreness
So, now that you can enjoy a quality, routine maintenance of your skin from the comfort and convenience of your home, are you ready to cleanse, exfoliate, nourish, and renew your skin daily using just one device!
My Passion is Your Solution,