Fall is a season of change. The leaves change. The weather changes. Why not treat your skin to the change it needs to be healthy?
One of nature’s greatest secrets for healthy skin is pumpkin. Pumpkin contains many enzymes and amazing healing vitamins for the skin. In fact, pumpkin has over 100 nutrients in it that can help restore & heal your skin.
5 Amazing Pumpkin Benefits for Skin
1) Protects against UV rays & free radicals- antioxidant carotenoids help to defend your skin cells against oxidative damage and also help to protect cells from free radical damage. Oxidative stress is a leading cause of aging.
2) Provides a deep Cleanse & Correction- Minerals such as Zinc found in pumpkin can help regulate excessive oil production which helps to reduce acne. Copper found in pumpkin has been found to help with pigmentation problems.
3) Firms the Skin- Loaded with Vitamin C which also helps the skin to produce collagen & elastin. This helps maintain the skin’s firmness.
4) Increases Circulation- Pumpkins are a great source of vitamin C and B, which help protect skin from damage such as lines and wrinkles. Eating foods rich in vitamins B and C help promote collagen production and improves circulation. The folate in pumpkin helps give your body what it needs to provide red cell development.
5) Brightens the Skin- The enzymes in pumpkin help not only to cleanse the skin but also to bring out its natural glow.
How Does a Pumpkin Enzyme Peel Work?
Skin peels can be a very effective way to refine skin texture and minimize discoloration and sun damage. They can also produce a gentle, controlled shedding of dead surface layers of skin which allows healthy, smoother new layers of skin to be revealed, restoring a natural glow to the skin.
Pumpkin enzymes contain alpha-hydroxy acids which help to loosen the bonds that hold dead skin cells together which makes them easier to remove. This allows the nutrients of the pumpkin to be able to penetrate deeper into the skin. The best part about using an all-natural peel for your skin is knowing that you’re not harming your skin with harsh chemicals.
Did you know?
Some chemicals used during a chemical peel can be absorbed into the bloodstream and are highly toxic to the liver, such as resorcinol, an ingredient used in may deeper peel solutions. Be sure that if you do decide to do a chemical peel you ask your doctor for a list of ingredients so you know what you’re putting on your skin.
As an Esthetician, I use peels in my practice to help my clients skin all of the time but the peels I use are all-natural and do not harm the skin. Knowing how much peels help, I wanted to be able to offer a product that my clients could use at home that they didn’t have to be a professional to use. Also understanding the many benefits pumpkin offers the skin, I decided to formulate the perfect product that was easy to use and brought lasting results.
The Pumpkin Power Peel
Our Pumpkin Power Peel contains high levels of beta-carotene (natural vitamin A), making this not only an effective resurfacing ingredient but also a potent antioxidant treatment, making it ideal for most all skin types and conditions. Used once or twice a week, this enzyme-rich peel is perfect. That said, do not underestimate the power of this healthy, natural product – it is strong and very effective. A great alternative to many more aggressive professional treatments. Remember, skin peels are beauty tools – just be sure you choose the right “tool” for the goals in mind.
Ingredients are the key – great ingredients such as beta-carotene (natural vitamin A) also help suppress melanin and lighten the pigment. Our Pumpkin Power Peel also contains d-beta fructan, an ingredient similar to the polysaccharides found in aloe vera. This compound guides glucosamine into the cellular membranes, boosting the skin’s ability to retain moisture. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory ingredient and is a building block of collagen and elastin. So – as you can see, carefully compounded skin peels can definitely reduce the signs of aging and restore a youthful glow to the skin.
You’ve heard it said that knowledge is power. This is true when it comes to understanding how to care for your skin. The benefits of giving your skin the refresh it needs two times a week are endless. This powerful chemical-free peel can heal, restore & protect your skin helping to give you the gorgeous healthy skin you really want.